Friday, December 4, 2009

How to raise compassionate children

Actually, I have no idea how to raise compassionate children. My kids are naturally compassionate. For example, here is a typical response from each of my children while I'm violently heaving in the bathroom:

Garrett: Are you ok, Mom? Is there anything I should do?

Hannah: Can I get you something Mom? Some water or a wet washcloth?

Kevin: Are you done throwing up yet? (with a whine) You still didn't fix my transformer!

Of course, it is usually only Kevin home when I'm heaving, so I get SOOO much sympathy.

5 comments:

Karin said...

heehee. Did you fix the transformer yet?

;-P

Sarah H said...

Your kids are sooooo sweet! Kevin will be like the others soon.

Karen said...

Ha Ha Ha, that is hilarious! I also read your puking post...and thats all I could eat in the morning too! I bought so much grapefruit and grapefruit juice...and one time I went and they didn't have grapefruit juice and I cried. Im so lame.

Miles and Bex said...

2 out of 3 is good! My kids would start making fun of me when I was puking. They would all pretend they were doing what I was and then would laugh. I can't wait to laugh when they are throwing up and pregnant (not really but it would be kind of funny)

Rachel said...

HAHAHA, that is so funny! But seriously, I'm so sorry!