Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Because I'm old and un-hip like that

We got a karaoke machine for Christmas and my kids have had a great time singing along to the Beatles, Journey, and even some church music. But after they had some friends over, I’ve realized that we need some new music that other kids will know. It was a little embarrassing for them to try to get their friends excited about Yellow Submarine and Wheel in the Sky (my kids know these by heart, is that weird?) Unfortunately, I am sadly out of date with music (hence beatles and journey). So what music out there is kid friendly, fun, clean, and I guess popular? Do I need to get some Hannah Montana? Who are the current faves?


Here are some pictures to look at while you think:

The kids built a snowman


And we went back to Nauvoo, this time with the kids and met up with their best friends and shared log cabin with them. It was a ton of fun!




9 comments:

Doreen said...

I don't know, we have Peter, Paul and Mary in our van. We're hippies like that. :p I guess we're just as out-of-date as you...

PrincessJulia said...

Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers are in right now and very clean. We don't have kids yet but we do hang out with enough of them to know that these are two of the groups that are really in right now. I will let you know if I come across any others at the library. (For once I know what is in) HAHAHa!

Carolyn said...

We have Beach Boys in our van and a bunch of little kid songs. We're extremely unhip. So far though, we haven't hit the stage where it matters. Although Avery is in kindergarten and talks about Hannah Montana all the time (as if she has even seen the show or heard any of her music). Ahh, peer pressure.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I just downloaded like 30 U2 songs from the 80's for my nephew. Classics, people, classics. Just say NO to anything that comes from Disney. Really. Clean today? Trash tomorrow.

Doreen said...

BTW, is Garrett growing his hair out? Tyler keeps wanting to, but I can't seem to get past the messy stage, and so I keep buzzing it, lol.

chicagosapps said...

Yes, Garrett was growing his hair out. Our deal was if he could keep it tamed, he could have it as long as he liked. But it was getting so bushy and difficult, and even though he would fix it in the morning, I just KNEW that it was a mess at school after he took off his winter hat every morning. So I finally talked him into a haircut a few days ago and I buzzed it again. It was fun to see what he looked like with longer hair, but I must say he looks MUCH better now and I'm glad he finally gave in.

Pulcheria said...

Who says Journey is old and unhip? =)

Sarah H said...

How fun you got to see the bailey's!
Yes, this is a frozen tundra. Sooo tired of it.

Debbie said...

I think most of today's music is bad, so instead of adapting to them, I think you should educate your friends about what good music used to be! Love Journey!