Monday, July 13, 2009

Reunion Time

We had a great reunion in St. George, UT--fishing, hiking, boating, swimming, and more swimming. Here are some pictures:
Hannah with cousin Melissa

On the boat and tubing



Fishing



Emerald pools hike in Zion's canyon. As a proud Mom, I have to say Kevin hiked the whole thing himself (a little over 3 miles total) and didn't complain until the end of the ascent, then again at the end of the descent. Hannah became good buddies with cousin Josh and they stuck together and explored the pools together.




I broke my toe, and I'd like to say it was while I was doing something exotic like hiking or tubing down the Virgin river, but I broke it on the pullout bed I was sleeping on. Lame, I know.


Hannah hijacked the digital camera and took over 100 pictures of her cousins and various knick-knacks in my Mom's house. Some of them turned out pretty good.
Cousin Mary (Aaron's youngest)

Cousin Sophie (Trejo's middle)

My Mom--looking good with her new hair (it came in curly after radiation)


These are some of the funny face pictures she took:
Sophie

Juanita (Trejo's youngest)

Jethro (Aaron's middle)

Orion (Trejo's oldest and quite the ham)

Hannah finally handed off the camera to her cousin Eliza and she took this funny face:

My Hannah is quite the character!


There are lots of pictures I don't have yet, but we did a lot more fun things like tie dye t-shirts, tube on the Virgin River, break a pinata, and we should be getting pictures of Garrett's backpacking trip sometime. But let's be honest, I probably won't be posting again about it, so just imagine them in your mind.

2 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Such fun pictures!!! What a neat reunion! I hope your toe gets better soon, that picture looks HORRIBLE! I've been trying to heal a broken toe for 8 months now...such a PAIN!!!!

Sarah H said...

Hi Lajuanna,
So are you back now? I'd love to get together if you are. I'll call you.
The pictures of the kids and cousins are so cute! good job to Kevin for hiking so long. Sometimes my kids do great hiking and sometimes they don't. We had a bit of both on our vacation.
Yikes, that toe looks painful. I hope it's better soon.

I hadn't been on my blogs in a while so I just read the news about your pregnancy and miscarriage. I am so sorry you had to go through that. I bet it's a surprise when no on in the family has had one.
I'm glad you were able to get a blessing and I hope you are continuing to recover emotionally and physically.
Take care,
Sarah