Monday, April 7, 2008

Sunny St. George

We went to St. George, UT during Spring Break to visit my parents. They are doing well, though my dad continues to decline in his verbal abilities (he has Alzheimer's). The kids don't really notice and just love him for his silliness and his love of adventure. It was warm and sunny there, a nice change from the chilly wind of the Chicago area. Spring has arrived there, and the flowers and trees were blooming. We let our eyes feast on the mountain vistas, and we felt as if we were home. We REALLY miss the mountains. The drive out there was brutal, but interestingly enough, our drive home was a little better. Kevin loves the trucks and cars that Grandma has in her toy box, and Garrett and Hannah enjoyed coloring pictures to hang on the fridge. Kevin followed Grandpa around like a little shadow, helping him water the plants and using his measuring tape to make sure everything was the correct length :)

8 comments:

Joel Cluff said...

Hello Sapp Family! Welcome to the wonderfully addictive world of family blogging! We're excited to read your blog and always enjoy hearing of your adventures. Sounds like you had a great spring break! Looks like the kids are growing up and they sure are cute!

Karin said...

Yeah! A blogger account on which I can leave comments! And which updates on my reader! I'm so excited...the new pics are beautiful, btw. The kidsa re getting so big. In a few years, they won't even remember the little Villa. We have big plans to visit Chicago next summer. So they won't forget us. :-)

Pulcheria said...

Ditto to Joel and Karin! And to you - we REALLY miss the mountains too! Whenever we fly home I get misty-eyed as soon as they come into view.

Doreen said...

Hey, welcome to blogland! It'll be fun to stay in touch. :o) And I was just thinking the other day how much I'm going to miss the mountains. We're all moving on with life, which is both exciting and a little sad. Anyway, hope you keep writing! :o)

Karin, you can always come comment on my blog, you know. ;o)

I have a good life said...

Hey! I love Blogging. Come visit my site and you will immediately know who I am...even though we don's use any of our names on our site.

The Paske Family said...

Hi Lajuana! I didn't know you started a blog! I am so excited. Do you mind if I list you in my family and friends? I think I have a few people that would like to know what you are up to. Hey by the way you can come to Madison anytime and I plan on coming to Chicago soon!
Sara

Andrea said...

Yeah! I love the blog and the pictures. We think about you guys all the time. And hope to visit again soon. Have you found someone to make Hannah's birthday cake yet? That might be a good excuse. What does she like. I'll start practicing. :)

chicagosapps said...

Thanks for responding, everyone. I love checking all your blogs and seeing how everyone is doing. "Good life", I'm glad my email found you and life is so good for you. Andrea, you don't need any excuse to come visit, but if you want one, here it is: I WANT TO SEE THE BABY. And you, of course.